Sunday, August 22, 2010

Blessings when you least expect them.

So today was the first day I visited a church here in LA. Actually, the church I visited today was in Brea which is in Orange County, but whatever. So as some may have read, right before I moved I posted some goals that I had when I first got out here. One of them was to find a church body that I could dive into. I have a few reasons for this but the biggest one is a need for discipleship. I think for me personally a steady discipleship between other believers and myself is a great way for me to stay on track with my faith and also have opportunities to disciple others.

SO. I visited with church today and didn't like it at all. No big deal, just not the church for me which is perfectly alright. I am sitting there and my fixer personality clicks in and I'm thinking ridiculous things like I am wasting a Sunday on this church and I should leave and go to another church at the later service so that I can experience God. I know, I know these thoughts are completely selfish and ridiculous but they are prevalent to the story.

I visited with my roommate, Leif, who is from central California and is also in my masters program at APU. He had similar thoughts about the service we went to and this ended up spurring on one of the best conversations I have ever had with another individual. We went to lunch afterward and talked about church, life, struggles, and everything in between. I am writing this entry to say that he is a big answer to prayer. It is amazing how God has blessed me with people I can relate to. I have always loved meaningful relationships and loved finding meaning in relationships.

As an encouragement, do not waste any moment. Whenever you feel useless know that God can use you. He will bless you with people that will lift you up or he will bless you with no one so that it is just you and Him. Find those blessings in the little things and don't forget to be approachable Christians on the Sunday. Find the hurt and the great in the world and dive in and be a worker for His kingdom.

Love,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment